Friday, December 5, 2014

Actively Learn

My students read and interact with text on a daily basis.  It is so important and valuable for them to collaborate, think critically, and communicate through and about the text that they read.  I have currently been using a web-based application called Actively Learn and I LOVE it!

Teacher:

  • creates assignments that can include short answer or multiple choice questions to check for understanding
  • add images, links, or videos to the assignment
  • can upload articles or stories from PDFs, Google Docs, or a website link
  • can use the many assignments that are already in Actively Learn
  • easily grade and comment on responses 
Students:
  • read in chunks
  • define words within the program itself
  • highlight and annotate 
  • respond to other student's annotations
I have used it in class along with groups discussion.

I have assigned it for HW and have been amazed with their thoughts and discussions with each other.

I have place student writing (not named) in as an assignment and asked students to analyze the writing and improve it looking at different writing techniques.

If you haven't used it, I believe it would be worth your time to explore.  It is very user friendly and one more tool to help students interact with text and others!




No comments:

Post a Comment