Tuesday, August 18, 2015

New Adventures

Wow!  It has been way too long!  Today I participated in our Summer Institute and learned so much.  I am so extremely excited for what this school year will bring.  I am embarking on a new adventure as a full-time Digital Learning Coach, but I guess an even greater adventure will be child #3 who is due in two days.

As much as I am genuinely excited about Baby Cruz coming soon, being at the training today reminded me of my deep passion for teaching.

I LOVE curriculum!  I LOVE strategies!  I LOVE developing new ways to help students think critically, be challenged, and grow.  Can't wait to see what this year brings.

My takeaway for today:


  • Advocacy Quizzes (@DarinHallstrom) -- A way for students to advocate for what they believe is the correct answer on a quiz.  It opens up the door for debate, discussion, questioning, and critical thinking.  I can't wait to implement this in my classroom!  




No comments:

Post a Comment