Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Deck of Cards

Great 1st day of school!  I did something today that I do every year and once again it was successful.


Yep that's right a deck of cards.  I hand them out as they walk in and they find their partners and follow the directions on the board (usual a short conversation starter).  It's funny how much I learn about my students from this activity.  The loud mouth starts shouting out "8, I have 8, who else has 8?".  The boss finds his group and nicely starts telling everyone else where they should sit.  The problem solver realizes she has a group of 2 but is sitting in a table group meant for 3 and changes.  The...I'm not sure what to call him.  The one who stands there and does nothing, sits no where, and just waits...waits....waits.  These are the tough kids, the ones we educators have to motivate to think, to act, to do!  Here is a video we watched today and discussed.  It was for those kids!  The stuck on the escalator kids.



My 1st day pic!






No comments:

Post a Comment