Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Questions, questions, and questions

The use of questions has changed my teaching.  The use of Essential Questions has guided and focused my teaching and improved student learning.  The use of higher-order teacher questions has helped me differentiate and build knowledge.

I LOVE good questions.  If I can develop good questions to use daily, I know that my lessons will be successful.  Creating and developing effective questions is challenging.  Most of my time and effort goes into this process.

ESSENNTIAL QUESTIONS:  Universal and timeless questions that can be  answered (in a minimal form) at the beginning of the Unit of Study and at the end of the Unit of Study with greater knowledge and depth of insight.

Higher-Order Teacher Questions:  More specific and precise questions that help build to the Essential Question (the goal is that they be higher on the Bloom's Scale).

No comments:

Post a Comment