Tuesday, September 23, 2014

PBL and Tech

Wow!  What a week!  I LOVE doing the PBL in my class.  It is just so amazing to see the students excited about what they are learning.  Here is what we have done in just two days:

  • Created a class survey and a survey for Elementary students
  • Gave the survey to our own class on Haiku Polls
  • Interviewed over 200 Elementary students 
  • Turned surveys into statistics to be used in project
  • Engaged in a presentation from two guest speakers
  • Discussed and created a driving question in groups
  • Created and began research using Google Drive to collaborate
             


I am so excited to see what my students are going to produce, but you know the honest truth is all I really care about is the process.  What these kids are doing in the process is making them think critically, collaborate and be creative.  I am very proud of them and the work that they are putting into their project.

Okay so super side note!  I love THINKGLINK!  I am using it all the time to share links, connect to Padlet, direct students to websites.  I haven't figured out how to embed directly into this blog, so instead I directed you to the link for thinglink.  The one I made is very simple, but just shows how quickly and easily you can make an interactive image.  Health Thing Link

No comments:

Post a Comment